Friday, February 18, 2011

A Brief Chat With The One And Only..... Ken Dahl

When you think about a Ken Dahl, what comes to mind? "Flawless", sexy, hot, beautiful, fabulous etc. Well that's everything, that my Ken Dahl is. But not only is he all those things, he's also a sweet, inspirational, down to earth guy. Someone who has became a really great buddy of mines throughout the years. His music is so great! I mean, I've actually worked out to these songs at the gym, and most of them are responsible for these legs I have, I'm telling you lol.. wink I love him for what he does. In this brief chat, we talk about his new look, weight loss, new photos, Shaquannamenesha (lol), music, videos, The Nicki & Kim beef, albums dropping this year, his dTk photography shoot with me, a possibility of us doing some work together, and our favorite girl Brandysmile So kick back, and get to know a few things about our favorite Dahl, Ken Dahl! wink


Deonte Keller
So what's good babe? How have you been?


Ken Dahl
I've been great, working hard! :D


Deonte Keller
Speaking of working hard. I see you've been killing it in these recent photo shoots you have been posting.
So what's up with that? Can we add model to your list of many talents?


Ken Dahl
Awwww, thank you! I've really been getting more comfortable in front of the camera. It's getting much more fun now.


Deonte Keller
I know the feeling. LOL


So the photographer you been working with is Shikeith Cathey right? I absolutely love his work. You guys work really well together. He inspires me with my photography.


And I cant help but to mention how great your looking. You have lost alot of weight. I know you shared a bit of this the last time we spoke, but what is your daily routine? And how much have you lost since you started your new diet?


Ken Dahl
Yes, Shikeith is amazing. And thank you, babe! :) I really don't look at it as a diet, its more of things I changed, I stay away from certain things like red meat, breads, etc. But I never completely get rid of it, there are times when I crave things and I certainly allow myself to have them!


It really is all about moderation and just using common sense. And keeping your scale handy. A lot of people fear the weight scale but its one of your biggest weapons in weight loss. You can't manage what you don't know.


Deonte Keller
I feel you buddy. Well when we meet we are going to eat up a house so get prepared lol.... I'm not one of those hungry looking brothers you feel me? LOL... just kidding.... but you look great Ken. I'm just totally proud of you, and your consistent growth. (BTW) Your haircut is HOT!!!


So like when are we going to shoot sir? I need to add you to my photography portfolio asap! LOL... I know we keep planning it, but let's make it a goal for 2011, OK?


Ken Dahl
Awww thank you so much! I love my new haircut. And of course we're going to shoot. Things have been crazy hectic but I want my DtK shoot! I say we set an official date for this summer.


Deonte Keller
Yeah I understand buddy. We can do that. But I will let you set the date though LOL.


So let's talk about "Shaquannamenesha." LOL


How did this character come about?


Ken Dahl
Shaquannamenesha! LOL Oh how I love her. She's kind of like my inner ghetto girl. I love to joke around and she allows an outlet for me to really go in with it. You're the first I'm telling this but she'll be in the Fuck Dat N*gga video, played by myself of course. She's also opening her own YouTube channel and message board soon.


Deonte Keller
O really!! Now you know "Fuck Dat N***a" is my favorite song off that CD boy! Lol...


Now where can we find more on her until the message board hit the net?


Ken Dahl
Yes! I know you love that track to bits! I can't wait til you see the finished product babe!


And she'll have her YouTube up and running very soon, separate from mine. I'll be sure to let you know first when that happens.


Deonte Keller
Ok buddy. So when can your Dahl's expect another hot album from you? Are you in the studio putting together new music?


Ken Dahl
Right now the main focus is promoting what I already have, I have so much music that I've recorded over these past two years that I haven't really PUSHED, yet. So that's the main focus now. But music is just in me, it's not a day that goes by that I don't sing a bit, or listen to music, or think about it. So I'll be writing here and there to keep my pen strong and my creative juices flowing!


Deonte Keller
O OK cool. You know I love your music, so I'm always waiting for you to drop something new lol. I wait for you to drop stuff like I do for our girl Brandy lol.


So let me ask you this Ken. What inspires you? I mean it must feel great to have people love you music as much as I do. I've known you for a while now, and your just so humble. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to do these brief chats with me. It allows people to get a glimpse of the real you, and lets them know you are actually a cool dude. I know you inspire me. On so many levels buddy.


Ken Dahl
Awww thank you babe! It always feels amazing to connect and talk with the dahls, this is why I do this, its what gives my life purpose. I take that seriously. I just love to please, and impress. I always want to put forth stuff that I believe ties into my ultimate vision. So much work needs to be done and so much further to go, but people like you are why I'm doing this. The dahls are my heart, and my everything. I am here to serve.


Deonte Keller
That's amazing buddy.


I remember you telling me about creating own label once. How is that going? Are you going to be looking for new talent to develop?


Ken Dahl
That is definitely still in my plans, more of a long-term plan as of now. Right now the main focus is promoting Ken Dahl and getting the material out there. I know a very talented, charismatic person who just happens to be my nephew. I will be working with him, developing him and walking with him until I feel he's ready to be forth.


Deonte Keller
That's good buddy. I would love to see you perform. As a matter of fact I have my top 5 songs I would love to see you do live:


1. Flawless
2. If This Pussy Could Talk
3. Heavy
4. Lesser Gorl
5. Fuck Dat N*****


I think those song would make a hot show to start off lol...


If you had to perform 5 of your favs what would they be?


Ken Dahl
I think those songs are perfect that you chose! Except I'd replace Heavy and Lesser Gorl with Ice Cream and Lucifer :D


Deonte Keller
I love those songs as well. :)


So can we expect any new photo shoots from you anytime soon?


Ken Dahl
Yes, definitely, I want to do at least two this summer. Of course one being with you! Very excited. And speaking of photography, your work is awesome. I just love how personal the photos feel.


Deonte Keller
Awww thanks Ken. We are definitely going to do this shoot as we mentioned earlier. I like to get up and personal with my models, only because most of them are not "real" models. But I know for a fact I can make anyone hot! So we are going to have a killer shoot, I promise you that!


Now I know your a busy guy, so I'm going to go ahead and wrapped this up. But before I do. I want to get your opinion on some things, by asking a few questions OK.


How do you feel about this NickiKim beef?


Ken Dahl
Never too busy for you Deonte ♥ .


The Nicki/Kim beef, I mean honestly I wish Kim would have just never said anything to Nicki. Let me put it this way. If 15 years from now, I'm older and settled down, and a newcomer pops up with a style and look identical to mine, I'm going to take it as a compliment. Not a challenge. And embrace them.


Deonte Keller
Awwww Hugs.....


I totally agree with you man.... 100%!!!!! At the end of the day I feel Kim should know better, especially after all she has witness with beefs back in the 90's with her mentor B.I.G. and Tupac.


So with alot of albums dropping this year. Who's CD are you anticipating the most?


Also you know, that this year Beyonce`, Lady GaGa, and Britney are all droppin' albums this year. Who do you think will dominate the charts out of the 3?


Ken Dahl
Of course you know I'm looking forward to Brandy's the most! :) And out of the three I think Britney will dominate. But Lady Gaga is definitely going to give her a run for her coins!


Deonte Keller
LMAO!!!!! I knew you were going to mention our girl Brandy!!!!!! I'm so excited boy!!!! LOL... she has been doing alot lately. Did you watch her on Dancing with the stars? She was amazing!!! I thought she should have won. And I'm not just saying that because I love her to death. LOL


I feel you on that. Lady Gaga sure will lol.


Ken Dahl
I caught her on DWTS, and I was so impressed, she really did her thing. But you know how it is sometimes, those who deserve the gold don't get it because of politics and other issues behind the scenes. But she was amazing. So proud of her.


Deonte Keller
Me too man me too!


Well it was nice catching up with you buddy. Again thanks for taking out time to sit and talk to me. I truly appreciate you very much.


Hey I'm still looking forward to our song now! LOL


And let the people know when your new video "F*ck Dat N**** will be coming out.


Ken Dahl
We will be doing our song soon, I promise!


And everyone can expect the FDN video this summer! In the meantime, If This Pussy Could Talk will be released to ITunes shortly!



Deonte Keller
O WOW really?..... look @ you.... I will make sure I purchase it, and promote it to the world. You know how I do. "If This P***y Could Talk" is one of the best songs you ever done. So I'm excited about this. Hopefully there will be a video.


As far as our song, I want something hot. Something I can walk to. Lmao... I can't wait for us to work together buddy. I'm excited.


Well buddy it was really nice talking to you. I love you man.


Is there anything else you want to let folks know, before we end this?


Ken Dahl
I'm excited too. You're my biggest dahl on the planet and it's going to be special. I'm going to have my producer conjure up a beat just for our song.


It was nice talking to you too! Love you so much! And for everyone out there, just know moves are being made, all the time! And I love you!

No comments:

Previous Blog Banners

Previous Blog Banners