.....the meaning of this word. I decided to post it to
remind folks.friend - n.(frěnd)
- A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
- A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
- A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
- One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
- Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.
[Middle English, from Old English frēond; see prī- in Indo-European roots.]
friend'less adj., friend'less·ness.
The reason for this post was to explain to someone that knowing of me doesn't automatically make you a friend. Yes we may have associated with one another before (which we don't even do that anymore, because of personal reasons. Like that old saying goes, when people show you who they are, Believe them.), and so on, but don't try to become friends with someone you think I'm close to by stating that we are friends, because if you don't fit the above description, then I strongly doubt we are friends. Unless this definition has changed over the years, and I just missed it in the new dictionary somewhere!
Have a great Day & Week Everyone! ;)