Saturday, January 24, 2009

Movie Review: Notorious

A

I loved this MOVIE!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my Buddie Niccole went to see this last night, and I totally enjoyed it. I didn't expect this movie to be as good as it was. I was really pleased and blown away by this movie, and the actors in it. The actors I was most impressed with in this movie was Jamal Woolard. He play the hell outta Biggie. This man made me feel like I was watching Biggie all over again. Angela Bassett, who is always does great in movies, did a nice job as Ms. Wallace. To me she always play a good mother, so her doing this role didn't really push her out the normal type of character she plays, but still was good just the same. Derek Luke. This dude had P Diddy down pack. Watching Derek's portrayal of Diddy made me sorta understand Diddy a little bit more now LOL. He's still a fool, but I do like him. Anthony Mackie did Tupac to a tee. It's a shame these two started out as friends, and ended up the way they did. Antonique Smith killed that Faith Evans part. She sung the Hell out of "You Used To Love Me." I totally enjoyed her. I was talking to my buddie about this movie, and he said how are they going to get someone to play Faith how she looked in 2007, oppossed to how she looked in 1994 LOL. I died laughing. You know Faith was not that small back in the day. Maybe now..... And last but not lease Naturi Naughton (formerly of 3LW) did that Lil' Kim part. She was excellent. From her acting performance to her rapping in this movie. I loved her!!!!!!! When I heard some of these old songs from the 90's I was jamming in that theater. It reminded me on how Hip Hop used to be. The songs were better then. Not like today. All I hear today is "Buy me a drink, Money in the bank, Your girl is a skank," and so on. A bunch of mess. What I liked about the songs back in the day was the raps told stories back then. Even tho some of them were vulgar back then, I appreciated them more. This was sad story, and had me almost in tears towards the end. Check out this movie, and get into it! I recommend this to the fullest! ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie, too (especially once I got to see the ENTIRE thing).

deonte' k said...

Romey: It was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzy said...

the students have talked about this movie so much and with so many details i could quote the freakin movie! lol

glad i didnt wanna see it, i got to hear it instead!

Denisha said...

Yeah I agree. This movie was real good. I always like both Tupac & Biggie. It's a shame that two legends had to go down like that.

Jeff0418 said...

Yes Sur I really enjoyed this movie myself...the cast and the movie as a whole impressed me a lot....

Previous Blog Banners

Previous Blog Banners